The perfect gift to give your children is a Bible that is age-appropriate to read with them or on their own.
Here’s a shock: Most Christian kids do not read their Bible at home. A couple weeks ago, I asked Big KZ kids (elementary) to raise their hand if they read a Bible at home and very few did. In fact, many do not have a Bible that is age-appropriate. I began to research all the options, and it’s crazy. So many translations, formats. and age levels to choose from.
Pastor John and I created a resource list for you – just in time for Christmas! Check out this list of age-appropriate Bibles for reading at home.
Finally, here are suggestions for reading the Bible at home:
- Set aside a regular time of day for 10-15 minutes.
- Pick one Bible story to read.
- Start with the New Testament: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Hebrews; or Old Testament: Joshua, I & II Samuel, and I & II Kings
- Let everyone who can read, take a turn reading aloud.
- Allow time for questions. Prepare to be amazed at the questions your children ask. Feel free to share them by commenting on our Blog!
This is what discipleship at home looks like. May God bless you and your family!